Regular, manual validation of system logic has always been a time-consuming process leading to increased costs with the potential of human error.
PSS have developed and designed the PSMS tools to assist in the management and verification of the Logic Solver for the whole of the system lifecycle.
Providing automated validation, the tools streamline the time and process for testing the system logic providing the customer with a more cost-effective accurate solution for the lifecycle of the system.
PSMS Tools consist of:
- CERES Cause and Effect Relationship Software - Cause and Effect lifecycle management tool
- VESTA Validation and Test of Applications - An off-site conditioning and validation tool, testing logic against Cause and Effects
- LEDA Logigram EDitor Application - Logigram engineering tool
- PALLAS Process Automation, Live, Logging and Analysis Software - On-site data historian and live Cause and Effect viewing application
Automated Testing provides the following Advantages over Manual Testing:
- Significantly Reduced Costs and Engineering Hours
- Removes the need for hardware based test harnesses to be configured and validated prior to testing
- Full testing can be achieved in a matter of hours compared with a matter of weeks (vs manual testing).
- Repeatable at the press of a button at different Life Cycle Phases
- Once configured, test scripts can be re-run an infinite number of times
- Testing and Reporting is consistent as the human factor has been removed
- Consistent testing between Test Engineers
- All Input Function are stimulated in the same manner each test
- All Outputs are monitored during each test, not just the expected outputs
- Automated Test Software does not suffer from Human Error
The tools have been designed and developed by certified functional safety engineers, and the development activities for the PSMS have been externally audited by two independent auditing bodies against the requirements of IEC 61508. The PSMS Tools have been classified as a T2 Offline Support Tool.