Each week we plan to highlight the Process Safety Management Suite, its features and how it can be deployed for your Control & Safety Systems to significantly reduce the cost of validation whist significantly improving the reliability and availability of your systems.
The Process Safety Management Suite (PSMS) is a range of software packages designed to support the lifecycle management of Control & Safety Systems. The Process Safety Management Suite (PSMS):
- Allows for a defined and controlled approach to the design and validation of any PLC based system.
- Has been designed to reduce the time and costs associated with the lifecycle management of any PLC based system.
- Allows for reduced, on site end to end testing, taking credit for offsite full C&E validation.
- Has been designed and developed by TUV Rheinland certified functional safety engineers.
Development process has been audited independently against the requirements of IEC 61508 by independent accredited organisations.
- The PSMS Tools have been classified as a T2 Offline Support Tool -
- “Supports the test or verification of the design or executable code … but cannot directly create errors in the executable code”
- The development of the PSMS has been performed by competent persons, and controlled by a Functional Safety Management system.
- The PSMS tools have specification and product documentation which clearly defines the behaviour of the tool.
- The development process of the PSMS tools has been audited independently against the requirements of IEC 61508 by a number of accredited organisations.