Each week we plan to highlight the Process Safety Management Suite, its features and how it can be deployed for your Control & Safety Systems to significantly reduce the cost of validation whist significantly improving the reliability and availability of your systems.
This week we introduce our Cause and Effect management tool, CERES.
CERES can be utilised throughout the systems lifecycle to create Cause and Effect databases, produce Cause and Effect drawings, query and interrogate C&E databases, produce red line mark-ups and link to VESTA for full system testing.
- Cause & Effect design in line with IEC 62881:2018
- Cause & Effect querying
- Version control & comparison
- Export of data to PSMS test tools
- Management of Safety System Cause and Effects
- Graphical Interface for developing and maintaining Cause and Effects
- Search tool for querying cause and effect database
- Production of Cause & Effect Drawings
- Storage of all instrument data e.g. Alarm and Trip setpoints
- Full version history and comparison
- Red Line mark-up tool
- Import facility to convert existing Cause and Effects
CERES Extract can be utilised to import existing Cause and Effect definitions from a number of formats to a CERES Project Database.
CERES Design can be used to construct, modify and destruct Cause and Effect Data.
- Zone and Area Information
- VESTA Test Parameters
Once the information has been declared within CERES, the C&E Drawings need to be configured within CERES View.
- Number of I/O per sheet
- C&E Data to be displayed
- Drawing and Sheet Numbering
Utilising CERES Advance Designer, C&E Drawing templates can be imported into CERES, allowing for user defined C&E designs to be applied.
Cause and Effect drawings are exported as MS Excel and PDF format
CERES Insight is a Cause and Effect Database search tool which allows the user to input tailored queries for specific results.
- Relationships between any input and output within the system can be quickly identified.
- Query parameters can be saved. This allows common queries to be ran quickly against the latest Cause and Effect definition.
- The results can be exported to Excel for reference, such as attaching to an Inhibit Assessment Form.
All data contained within CERES is maintained and tracked throughout the life of the system.
- All previous versions of the CERES Project Database are accessible for Viewing, Querying and Comparing
- CERES Versions allows for two versions of the CERES Project database to be compared, highlighting constructs, destructs and changes.
CERES Test produces the C&E Export Files.
- The C&E Export Files are imported into VESTA, where they are translated to the test C&E sequence.
- The C&E Export Files are imported into PALLAS, where they are displayed for live C&E viewing.